Monday, July 12, 2010

semi-homemade



bonjour!

Today I decided to take on the job of a pastry chef, in an attempt to satisfy my cravings after watching Julie & Julia. Now I am by no means a cook, let alone some sort of artist to put everything together; and I think Julia Child would roll over in her grave if she knew not all of my ingredients were fresh and that some even came from a box! But fear not my readers, for I have discovered a whole new way of cooking - well perhaps this has been done before, and maybe I just had some extra time on my day off from work, nonetheless I decided to experiment in the kitchen. I would usually admit that my skills in the kitchen are of no expert, but in watching the Food Network Channel I have learned the art of mastering the most perfectly poised cupcake. I have to say that this has to be the most blissful and decadent cupcake my tongue has ever had the pleasure of tasting. However, I must warn you that this carefully planned and yet accidentally fatal art takes patience and precision. If you plan on engaging in such an experiment, I advise on taking the greater portion of your afternoon to execute it - that is, of course, if you want it just right.

White Chocolate Cheesecake Cupcake


Ingredients are -but never limited to:
1 box Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe - French Vanilla
1 16-oz Duncan Hines Creamy Home style - Classic Vanilla Frosting
1 package Nestle Premier White Morsels (if you can find them in mini - buy them!)
1 Jello-O Instant Pudding Cheesecake Mix
Confectioners Sugar
Almond Extract

Before putting all of your ingredients together, prepare the instant Jello-O Mix, and remember to set the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare the French Vanilla cake batter as directed on the box - my secret is to replace the water and use milk instead for a creamier taste! Once mixed together, add 1 cup of the cheesecake flavored pudding, and fold in your desired amount of white chocolate chips (but save some for the frosting!) fill two-thirds of the cupcake cup with the batter, and bake for 22 minutes, only checking once at the 20 minute mark. Try to avoid opening the oven often to check them, as a large portion of the heat escapes, prolonging your cook time.

While the cupcakes are in the oven...

White Chocolate Almond Frosting

First scoop out the pre-made Classic Vanilla frosting into a nice sized bowl. Add your desired amount of Almond Extract and some confectioners sugar to keep it thick. In a separate dish, melt some white chocolate morsels and slowly fold it into the frosting mixture, add more confectioners sugar if the consistency is not thick enough. Place the frosting in a plastic lunch baggie and snip one corner. After the cupcakes have fully cooled, frost each cupcake in a circular motion, giving each and every cupcake your fullest attention and commitment. For added sparkle, sprinkle some sugar over the frosting!


...Goshhhhh, they are so incredibly delicious - better then I even anticipated! I truly hope you try and make them, you won't regret it, or you probably will. Food like this feeds the soul, and my thighs!


No comments: